Homemade pasta – generous servings
One Sunday afternoon, I felt bored and sick to eat the usual outside hawker again for dinner later. And with left overs of 1 box cherry tomatoes, one thick stalk of cut broccoli stalk, half a peeled carrot – from the previous day’s Ieftovers of lunch, half a packet of yucky pasta from dunno since when, and some frozen peas, I decided to use all the ingredients to cook pasta. Went supermarket to get a packet of minced pork, and a bottle of tomato sauce, I am ready to cook dinner.
- Boil the pasta with the diced carrots, broccoli and peas in water with salt.
- Marinate the pork in soya sauce, lots of pepper and sugar.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into really small bits. Stir fry the minced pork until almost cooked. Forgot that I need to cook the cherry tomatoes sufficiently for it to ‘dissolve’, so hurriedly into the pan they went. Pour lots of tomato sauce in, and scooped heaps of sugar in. Cook until the tomatoes are really soft. Taste before serving.
- Drain the pasta mixture when it’s cooked.
- Mix the pasta with the pork tomato sauce.
Yummy!! It was a success!! Dear1 complimented that there was a certain taste that he liked. It’s likely the sugar he says. And he finished 2 big bowls of it. For someone who don’t like tomatoes, then how? “Cut too small liao, cannot tell, so it’s ok.” Hahahaha…
I love cooking. Especially when Dear1 or Baby1 likes it. Yummy!!