Dear2 and I are in the midst of spring cleaning our house. The purpose is to convert the current study room into a children’s bedroom, and thereby “chase” the children out of our master bedroom and “reclaim” the master bedroom for ourselves once again. Hehe…
In the process of spring cleaning, we came across old stacks of bill from TMC for both Baby1 and Baby2. It was then that I realized I had not documented Baby2’s hospital bill here. So here it is (following the same format).
|Item description||Baby1 (2010)||Baby2 (2012)|
|Mummy hospital package||$3175 (4 nights)||$3115 (3 nights)|
|Companion package||$240 (4 nights)||$170 (3 nights)|
|Drugs, medicine, supplies, procedure, facilities||$263.90||$931.92|
|FBI/SBI discount for 1 bedded||-$100||-$100|
|GST for hospital||$250.52||$288.18|
|FBI/SBI discount for professional fees||-$100||-$100|
|Cash payable (mummy)||$2240.42||$2829.10|
|Drugs, medicine, supplies, facilities, etc||$593.90||$976.35|
|FBI discount for hospital||-$28.16||-$48.82|
|GST for hospital||$66.77||$92.08|
|Baby doctor fees||$406.40||$395.90|
|FBI discount for professional fees||-$40.64||-$39.59|
|Cash payable (baby)||$205.14||$413.92|
|Total cash payable||$2445.55||$3243|
- The 3 nights package for Baby2 was just as expensive as the 4 nights package for Baby1.
- The hospital facilities, etc fees was much more expensive for Baby2. This could be because Baby2 was born in the wee hours of the morning while Baby1 was born in the middle afternoon.
- Our gynae is $1000 more expensive than before.
- Anesthetist fee also went up, but I can’t confirm if it is the same person.
- Baby package remained the same, but the facilities, etc fees were up just as with mummy’s cost.
- Baby doctor is slightly cheaper. The 2 baby doctors were different and I guess Baby2’s doctor was slightly less experienced.
- Despite medisave deduction was increased by $1100, we ended up payable roughly $800 more in cash.
What a big difference! And this was without factoring in ante-natal costs (which was increased as well). There were of course other savings, such as the many baby equipment that we could reuse and therefore did not need to buy.
At the end of the day, nothing is more important than a healthy baby and a healthy family. :)