We’re currently in the midst of preparing and converting our study room into a children’s bedroom. And there is a big list of things that we are planning to do to realize this mini renovation project. For the study room, we have:
- Clear out all the cupboards in the study room (Spring cleaning).
- Give away old furniture to make space for new children furniture.
- Paint the room.
- Replace the air con (because the existing air con broke down a few weeks ago).
- Replace the curtain/blinds (to block out the sunlight, heat, and sounds from the coffeeshops below).
- Buy pull-out bed and mattresses.
- Buy study tables.
For the rest of the house:
- Clear out the toys area.
- Re-organize Dear1’s collections (board games and Gundams).
- Create more space in the living room.
For the past weeks, we have been slooooooowly clearing out the cupboards. We’ve given away lots of baby stuff to Dear2’s sister. We’ve dug out lots of old bills and statements and receipts and books dated as far back as 2006 when we first moved in. Wow! We’ve really accumulated lots of things over the years.
So, just as we’ve sold our old clothes for recycling the last time, we sold 8kg worth of old clothes and 18kg worth of paper this morning and received $3.40 for our recycling efforts. Thus far, we’ve sold more than 70kg of recyclable stuff and we’re 30kg away from earning our first loyalty reward of $1.50. :)
We’ve also sold off an Osim uPen and a set of speakers that we don’t use anymore to some friends. Dear2 is also taking the opportunity to clean the windows that we have not cleaned in a long time. It’s quite satisfying to clear out the clutter every once in a while. The house does seem brighter and more spacious.
Looking forward to see the final product of our renovation project.
31 May 2015: We sold another 10kg worth of recyclables.