Read a post on Facebook this morning and I thought that it’s very meaningful. Here goes:
“Knowing that I won’t live forever, I try everyday, to do what I can while I still can.
Let every day be a dream I can touch, a love I can feel and a reason to smile, because life is too short not to be happy.
I want to live my life to the fullest.”
There are many things beyond my control – weather can be bad, MRT can break down, colleagues can be nasty, kids can be loud and noisy, hubby can be an idiot sometimes, rude salespeople, irritating relatives, a flu here and an ache there, etc etc etc, you do not have the control over what happens, but you do have the control to make a conscious effort to make the process and the outcome a more pleasant one, for yourself and the people around you.
<Inside Out> says you need Sadness to help you see Joy. I do not quite agree. To me, life is too short not to be happy. You don’t have to lose something before you can appreciate it. I am grateful:
- To Dear1. Though makes me exasperated at times, but I am grateful for his love, and his unwavering support.
- To Baby1 and Baby2. 2 very noisy kids, but their childlike naiveness and cuteness always melts my heart.
- To my family. Quietly always there for me, a safe harbour I can always return to.
- To my work. Makes me stressed and disappointed and disgusted at times, but I’m thankful for the stable income so that we do not have too much worries.
- To my girl friends. Thanks for having me as your friend in the past 21 years though I am so quiet and inactive.
I want to be a positive person, to be someone who everyone likes to be with, because I spread positivism; to be someone who is a positive influencer so that I bring meaning to lives.
I will not let anybody or anything get me down, because life is too short not to be happy.